Sunday 7 February 2016

Weekend Update – 7.2.16
Brief Update – “I told you I was ill………………..”

I had planned to spend the weekend relaxing & recharging the batteries. Little did I know just how “Relaxing” it would be. I was up around 6.30am on Saturday, had some breakfast & thought another ½ hour’s kip would be in order. So back upstairs, cold hands on Carol’s bum (It has to be done!) & the next thing I know its 1pm! Well, they do say that sleep is a good healer! 

The other great medicine served yesterday afternoon was following the Rams twitter feed & the wonderful win away to Old Elfs in Kent, just what the Dr. ordered boys, same again this coming Saturday against Barnes please. I half watched both the France v Italy & Scotland v England matches, but was struggling to stay awake for either. In truth on Saturday, for the first time since my treatment started I felt ill. I’ve been tired in the past, I’ve felt a bit sick, but Saturday I felt genuinely ill & really struggled to eat anything, concentrate or even read books. Meds were taken on a 4 hourly basis & bed awaited by 9.30pm. I hope this isn’t going to be the way forward for the next few weeks………… but if it is, then sobeit.

Sunday was a fairly early start, 6am rise ‘n shine. Fried egg on toast, two glasses of milk & then settled down on the sofa to watch Match of the Day for the first time in god knows how long. I’m feeling better than yesterday. The Colts match got cancelled as I expected it would. The rain last night was biblical, the middle & bottom pitches have taken the worst of the recent crap weather.
The club were hosting Berkshire U20s v Cornwall U20s this afternoon so I took a trip up to get some air. Other than the daily trips to RBH I seem to be spending all my time at home, I need to get out. An entertaining match ended with Berkshire coming out 19-7 winners, it’ll be a long coach trip back for the Cornish boys this evening.


I didn’t feel great in the evening, the throat is becoming really painful again. Dinner consisted of mashed potato with cheese & gravy, I really struggled to get it down. Bed following morphine seemed like a good idea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

  That There Abroad Place “Learning to fly” Our last foreign holiday was in March 2020, just as the world would change dramatically. U...