Friday 30 September 2016

Balloon Animals and another General
(Where’s Scary when you need her?)



30th September – The last days of summer.

Another regular monthly check up at the RBH fell due on Thursday. I’d hoped that it would be a quick in and out with just the camera up the nose and down the throat, however I was wrong as usual. An appointment scheduled at 3.40pm, eventually got into see Mr More Scary than Scary at 4.30pm, not a great start. This was the second time I’ve seen him, I know he’s the Head Honcho, but I’m struggling to warm to him I’m afraid. He’s very much business and little bed side manner and I don’t feel that I’m able to open up to him like I can if I’m seeing Scary. I had a couple of things I wanted to discuss, but felt hurried along. I’ll mail the CNS Nurses over the weekend, as at least they’ll respond. The camera up the nose and down the throat was the usual unpleasant experience, but at least it didn’t show up anything new to worry about, apart from the fact that my throat is continuing to contract. This is probably the reason behind my eating issues over the past few weeks and why I’ve dropped under 80kg’s again for the first time in ages. He’s offered a possible solution to this problem. In early November I’ll be having an Oesophageal Dilation done on my throat. Basically, I’ll be put under with another general anaesthetic. They will then insert a balloon into my throat and blow it up to stretch my oesophagus. This should have an immediate effect, albeit it may have to be redone every few months or so. I’m not sure how I feel about this if I’m honest. On one hand I want to be able to eat properly again without fear of throwing up (which is happening at the moment), on the other hand, I’ve had enough of operations for 2016 and really hoped that the scope up my bum was going to be the last one for a while. I will go ahead with procedure and I will ask if they can make a balloon giraffe for me to take home with me, I just don’t want to have to go through it every quarter. I know I’m being selfish, there are people in far worse places than me, indeed someone I’ve known for over 30 years is starting exactly the same procedures I went through last December, hopefully he’ll get the all clear, time will tell.

Thursday night wasn’t great, I felt very flat and quite down. A decent night’s sleep has helped my mood somewhat, as has reading a couple of messages basically telling me to get on with things. Sometimes the kick is what you need.

I ventured down to Nino’s on Friday morning, they’re raising funds for the Macmillan Coffee Morning, a subject close to my heart as know. I had a nice cup of coffee and bought four slices of delicious looking cake from young Nino, shame I can’t eat any of it, but I’m sure errant son will have my slice and the slice for his absent sister too.

The book is still selling slowly but surely, I’m up to close on 100 copies as I write. A few people have said they’re having problems downloading it. I think I over estimated how many folk actually have Kindles, but fear not, there is a free Kindle Ap. that can be downloaded here >> Kindle App so no excuses now chaps! Sales were boosted this week by the Reading Chronicle publishing the interview we’d had last week. A couple of nice messages were received via FB from folk I’ve never met who’ve read the article. 



Earlier in the week I was having a chat with one of the most committed (He should be) and enthusiastic people I’ve the pleasure to know. Between we’ve agreed that in the New Year we’ll come up with some impossible to ignore / refuse fund raising scheme, based upon my experiences, but involving far more people. I’ve got a horrible feeling that I’m going to get dragged into some hair brained idea which will involve major exercise on my part……………… however, I do need to get fit!! Watch this space for more details as the months go on, and have your wallets ready!

The weekend will probably be spent up at OBR. Rams are hosting Chinnor tomorrow (k/o at 2.30pm) for what should be a cracking match. Chinnor are flying at the moment and will be looking to revenge the two defeats last season to Rams, but we’ll be ready for them. Max will probably be playing for the Centaurs (3s) tomorrow, also at home, against Aylesbury. If the weather is dry I’ll be splitting my time with the camera between the 1st Team Pitch and the bottom pitch.

Finally, for this short update. You may recall me mentioning a friend who practises Witchcraft, she was instrumental in helping me when I was feeling very low back in January. Well, Cat is undertaking a massive challenge in walking the entire coast of the Isle of Wight in just two days, she’s bound to see pristine condition Austin Allegro’s on her way. Cat’s raising funds for Lupus UK, her story is here >> Cat's Story  I suffered from a very minor case of lupus when I was in my early 30s, it disappeared of its own accord luckily as there is no cure. I’m sure Cat would appreciate any support (ie MONEY) from anyone who feels able to give.

As always, thanks for reading. The blog has now had over 9,000 hits!

If you’ve bought the book please add a review, if you haven’t bought the book then get logged into your Amazon account!

To be continued……………


No comments:

Post a Comment

  That There Abroad Place “Learning to fly” Our last foreign holiday was in March 2020, just as the world would change dramatically. U...