Friday 17 March 2017

 “It’s a two bottle Wednesday”





Two days to go until the intrepid seven set off for the Reading Half Marathon, raising funds via #Shoulder2Shoulder for the Berkshire Cancer Centre. So, Steve, Kath, Olly, Zoe, Sophie, Ben and Stevie, enjoy the run and thank you so much for agreeing to support this cause, it means a huge amount to me. If you’d still like to donate the link is here >> https://www.justgiving.com/teams/Shoulder2Shoulder

I’ve no idea yet where I’m going to position myself to take shots, I doubt if I’ll be able to get into the MadStad for the finish, but I’ll be somewhere along the route snapping away in my rather smart #Shoulder2Shoulder polo shirt. (I decided I’d look a bit daft wearing a running vest!).
A couple of people have asked how the tattoo is getting on. Well it seems to have settled down in its new home, no scabbing, no bleeding and I quite like it, even if the current Mrs Clark hates it with a vengeance.

On Wednesday I received probably one of the worst messages you can get from your children. Luckily it wasn’t the “I’ve got my girlfriend pregnant” text, it was the “I’ve passed my driving test” one instead. Congratulations to Maxwell James George Clark, he’s the first in the immediate family to pass his test at the first time of asking. I made a comment on the Peter and Jane FB page  (https://www.facebook.com/peterandjaneandmummytoo/ ) about this momentous news and was amazed when the posting got over 500 “Likes”. However the comments left me divided. I suggested that the big problem with Max passing would be me paying the insurance, we did it for Anna and of course we’d be doing it for Max too. He’s still in education and the freedom his license will give him is a just reward for his hard work.

I was really surprised by the amount of comments I got that were basically “He’s old enough to drive, make him get his own insurance”. (I also got loads of great recommendations for Insurance Companies though) Now I’m not sure if we’re cosseting the kids, but my view is that either he or Anna would have struggled to fund insurance at their ages and surely part of being a parent is that you support your kids? Also, there’s now bugger all chance of me having to drive to any functions at the rugby club which involve beer and wine, no need for me to drag across town twice a week to take him to training, etc, etc, etc………

The shock of the news made it the first “Two Bottle Wednesday” for god knows how long, head was a tad sore on Thursday morning.

About three weeks ago I’d changed the car insurance on both Carol’s car and mine to Saga (Yes, we’re that old!) without thinking about Max taking his test. Well hardly surprising but Saga wouldn’t insure him. After messing about for a couple of hours I eventually settled on Admiral Multi Car, premiums without Max were only slightly higher than Saga, with him it was eye watering, but the debit card number was passed over, and from 27th March he’ll be let free on the roads of Reading, you’ve been warned.

If you saw the Blog last week you’d have read about the sad passing of Lisa Magill. Lisa was laid to rest on Friday of this week, her family asked her worldwide friends to wear yellow in recognition of the Sarcoma charity which supported her through her long, difficult and brave fight against cancer. Tragically the only item of clothing I possess is this –
 but knowing Lisa’s sense of humour and her love for rock music I have a feeling she’d have approved. “Stay Fabulous Rock Stars”


That’s it for the week, please if you’ve any spare change then a JustGiving donation would be appreciated. Hopefully the weather will be kind to all the runners on Sunday. Saturday will be spent watching Max play for the Rams 5th Team, suspect it might be a bit of a slower pace than I’ve been watching of late. Then back home to hopefully watch England gain the Grand Slam.

As always, thanks for reading.
To be continued………….

#Shoulder2Shoulder 

No comments:

Post a Comment

  That There Abroad Place “Learning to fly” Our last foreign holiday was in March 2020, just as the world would change dramatically. U...