Sunday 10 December 2017

Every Dog Has It’s Day.
A Brief Weekend Update




I’m going to skip over the Monday to Friday rubbish this week, as it was entirely pants and not worth wasting anytime on typing. Saturday was slightly better, even though it was damn cold and I wasn’t feeling up to taking any photo’s of the Mighty Cents 47-31 victory over local rivals Newbury Stags. Max benched, got on in the second half and had a decent match. No muppetry and a decent, run, dummy and offload.

Sunday was a rather special day, read on ……………

In the last update I mentioned about the Kromfohrlander puppy that we were within a gnats piss of taking ownership of, and how I’d thought it wasn’t a great idea with where I was in my recovery from my cancer surgery.

After chatting to my Consultant, the family and a trusted confidant, I changed my mind, so please welcome to the Clark family, drum roll………………………………………….

……………………………… Neville!



I’d been following Nev’s breeder on Facebook, the photo’s she was posting of the two remaining pups were heart breaking when I considered why I’d declined. A Kromfi puppy isn’t going to need too much exercise for a few months, they’re quite delicate and need to be kept under wraps until their bones and joints have grown. Max is going to be at home until September, so when Nev needs the longer walks if I’m not yet up to it Max will be.

So, I mailed Jo the Breeder and asked if she’d reconsider us as owners considering I’d pulled out a couple of weeks ago. She was delighted that we’d had a change of heart, as was the ever wonderful Sidney when I mentioned it to him. So, on Sunday 10th Carol and I hit the road at a crack of a sparrows fart for the long journey down to deepest, darkest Dorset. We were both a bit nervous and had spent a small fortune the previous day on supplies for pup. Cage, toys, blankets, toys, bed, toys, collar, toys, lead, toys food bowls, toys, water bowl, toys, puppy coat, toys…………… etc, etc…………

We were originally going to use the tried and trusted method of naming a pet in out family after the first try scorer in a Rams match, but I couldn’t really face being in the woods and shouting for Scuba, Hendo or Stapley to come to heel. Max came up with the idea of Neville, and it seems to have stuck.

It was a  2 ½ hours trip down to the breeders, in god awful weather. Snow when we left Reading and then increasingly heavy rain and wind all the way down. The breeder lives in a tiny village in the Middle of Nowhere, next to Sod All. The last few narrow lanes took a wee bit of navigation, but we eventually arrived and knocked excitedly on her door, well we would have knocked, but no real need as her two adult Kromfi greeted us at the door. Nev was one of four puppies still at home, one was being kept, another being picked up on Monday, and the final one being viewed later in the day. Nev seemed to take an immediate shine to us both and was happy to be cuddled, fussed and generally made to feel special. We didn’t stay long as we wanted to get him home and settled, so with a quick hand over of documents and a final pay “Bye bye” we were on our long way home again. It took about 10 minutes before Nev pee’d over Carols arm J

A pretty uneventful trip along the windswept A303 followed with Neville alternating between dozing and looking around the car. As we neared Reading the snow that we’d left behind in the morning was still hanging around and was in fact getting worse, so it was with a steady foot and hand we drove back the last few miles to home.

Penny is not impressed, and at the time of publishing has refused to come downstairs to meet her new playmate. Neville has found his new bed, eaten his lunch and most of Penny’s until I caught him, and is now exploring his new home in between power naps!

I think we made the right decision.



As always, thanks for reading.

To be continued…………….


#Shoulder2Shoulder

No comments:

Post a Comment

  That There Abroad Place “Learning to fly” Our last foreign holiday was in March 2020, just as the world would change dramatically. U...