Friday 23 December 2016

Happy Christmas

#shoulder2shoulder – 
The Christmas Album


It’s Christmas Time, there’s no need to be afraid….. Bob Geldof wrote the words 32 years ago. Last Christmas, I’m not embarrassed to say, I was afraid. Now I’m pretty sanguine about what life has thrown at me and what is still to come. It’s now nearly 12 months since I started writing this blog, it seems like five minutes ago sometimes, and five years ago at others. There’s now been over 10,000 hits, for that I’m really appreciative. What started as a way of putting my feelings into words seems to have escalated a bit. A book later and the blog is still alive ‘n kicking, as am I. In a perverse way I don’t think I would change anything about the last 12 months, well perhaps a couple fewer episodes on constipation, but on the whole I think I’ve come out of the process a stronger person. I’ve certainly learnt a lot about myself, my family and my friends. I’ve also learnt never to use “&” in formal writing, thanks Marjie!

There’s not really a lot to say following my last posting at the beginning of November. I’ve had two more monthly meetings at the hospital which have been routine. Cards and chocolates were dropped off at my appointment last Thursday. It was exactly one year since I was diagnosed. I thought Scary might have remembered our anniversary, sadly not until I reminder her. We did however have a good chat about “Things in general” and she asked if I was going to be updating this blog again……….. opp’s appears she’s been reading it.

I’ve had a couple of Christmas parties via work, the first time for a couple of years for one reason or another, including a cracking afternoon at Ronnie Scott’s in London. Rams are looking good in the league, the games at OBR are some of the most entertaining I’ve seen for a few seasons. I’ve made the donations to MacMillan and the Berkshire Cancer Trust from the sale of my book, each will benefit just shy of £500, so not too shabby an effort. Another icon has died from cancer, one of the better Christmas songs I hope you’ll agree - Greg Lake

Anna is smashing her last year at Uni, albeit by working her backside off. Max will get the grades he needs in his exams in the summer. Carol is a year closer to hanging up her boots as a nurse (It’ll be the NHS’s loss) and I’m plodding along trying to work out what happens next………..

This post is really just to say thank you to everyone who’s given the Clark family support, near or far this year and we hope you have a great Christmas with your families and friends.  

If you’re short of something to do on Boxing Day, as promised last Christmas, I’ll be making a guest appearance on the pitch at OBR with Max. Supporters, amused bystanders, folk laughing their pants off will all be welcome. Kick off is sometime around 11am, or when 30 guys eventually turn up.

As always, thanks for reading. I’ve no idea when the next update will appear, but suspect it won’t be until the next book is ready to be published.

#Shoulder2Shoulder 

2 comments:

  1. Asset health work with patients and physicians in various cancer treatment centers in ca and provide effective therapeutic programs that helps to improve their health. Through research and clinical practice we assess the causes and deliver the right treatments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably not relevant to a blog written in the UK though eh? It's also probably not entirely ethical to be advertising yourselves on a cancer blog is it? I'll await your reply with interest.

      Delete

  That There Abroad Place “Learning to fly” Our last foreign holiday was in March 2020, just as the world would change dramatically. U...