Sunday 31 January 2016

WEEKEND UPDATE 31.1.16
Ramalangadingdong!
A good day up at OBR on Saturday. Ginger beer with mates, a great light to photograph in & the icing on the cake, a four point win! A very gutsy performance from the boys today. A pretty poor night’s sleep on Saturday, the poor old throat is beginning to take offence at being zapped on a daily basis. Might be time to ask for Morphine if I get to see the Scary Consultant on Monday.L
 Steak in pepper sauce for dinner, I could just about taste it…………. And then an early night, perhaps spending most of the day at OBR was a step to far. I’ll see how I feel in two weeks time, but I’m not sure I’ll be able to get up for the next home matches

If Saturday was a good rugby day, then Sunday was the opposite. A long trek down to Sussex with the Colts to take on Horsham who we’ve always had close games with. Half time 49-0 to Horsham!! FT 49-0 to Horsham so at least Max coming on at half time would appear to have made some difference. Of course Horsham could always have taken their feet off the peddle………………….  I think our lads are suffering from the lack of training of late, due to the awful weather since Christmas.

In truth, it was probably stupid for me to drive all the way down to Sussex. I was totally cream crackered by the time we got home in the early evening. I need to suss out that I can’t continue to do all the stuff I’m used to for the foreseeable. I wonder if I can get out of doing the washing of filthy rugby kit too?

Carol is off to see a live recording of “I’m sorry, I haven’t a clue” tonight,
I’ve bailed out. So it’ll be Max & I watching crap TV & eating tuna stuffed jacket potatoes!

Next week is going to be a good one, I can feel it in my water!

#shouldertoshoulder

No comments:

Post a Comment

  That There Abroad Place “Learning to fly” Our last foreign holiday was in March 2020, just as the world would change dramatically. U...